We are pleased to announce the release of Cesium 1.14. Highlights include:
- Provided a workaround for Safari 9 where WebGL constants can’t be accessed through
- Added a workaround for Chrome 45, where the first character in a label with a small font size would not appear. #3011
- Fixed issues causing the terrain and sky to disappear when the camera is near the surface.
- Changed the
truesets the billboard size to be measured in meters; otherwise, the size of the billboard is measured in pixels. Also added support for billboard
sizeInMetersto entities and CZML.
- Fixed a bug in
AssociativeArraythat would cause unbounded memory growth when adding and removing lots of items.
For more details and the full list of changes, see the change log.
Tree billboards with size measured in meters.
Other Cesium news from September
- Professor Hidenori Watanave presented Migrating from Google Earth API to Cesium.
- Hiroshima Archive by Professor Hidenori Watanave won the prize of “The Best Cutting Edged Map”.
New Team Members
- We welcomed Katherina Lim and Gabby Getz as co-ops from Drexel University.
- We welcomed Adam Cole and Tiffany Lu from the University of Pennsylvania as part of their Open-Source Software Development course.
We’re happy to showcase these Cesium projects:
Talks and Articles
- Patrick Cozzi presented The State of WebGL and glTF at The Graphical Web.
- Sean Lilley posted about the Compute Pass added to the renderer.
Upcoming talks in October