Latest releaseDownload CesiumJS 1.5093 MB | Oct 01, 2018
- Initial support for clamping to 3D Tiles. #6934
- Added ground atmosphere lighting in 3D. This can be toggled with
Globe. Use this to limit terrain and imagery to a specific
See the change log for the complete list of changes.
CesiumJS is released monthly. Each release contains:
The HTML reference documentation, located in the
Cesium.js and all required dependencies, located in the
Asynchronous Module Definition (AMD) modules,
HelloWorld.html, the simplest possible Cesium application, loaded in
Cesium Viewer, a simple reference application, at
Cesium Sandcastle, a live code editor and example gallery, at
- A Node.js-based development server for getting up and running quickly.
Quick start guide
Download CesiumJS and extract. Install Node.js, then navigate to the root directory and run the following command to install the dependencies:
$ npm install
Start the web server by executing the command:
$ node server.js
Finally, launch a browser and navigate to
http://localhost:8080/Apps/HelloWorld.html. You will see the Cesium Hello World app.
For the full tutorial on getting started with CesiumJS, see the Getting Started Tutorial.
Install with npm
You can also install CesiumJS with npm with the command:
$ npm install cesium
The Cesium npm module includes everything you need for app development.
- Source - A collection of modules that can be used with any AMD-aware loaders, such as requirejs, webpack, and browserify. This is our preferred development method and ideal for those who have embraced module-based web development.
- Build/Cesium - Combined and minified Cesium.js and associated files, suitable for deploying an application.
- Build/CesiumUnminified - Combined and unminified Cesium.js and associated files, along with extra error checking and validation, suitable for development.