Latest releaseDownload Cesium 1.4257 MB | Feb 01, 2018
- Added optional mode to reduce CPU usage. See Improving Performance with Explicit Rendering. (#6115)
- Major refactor of URL handling. All classes that take a url parameter, can now take a Resource or a String. This includes all imagery providers, all terrain providers,
See the change log for the complete list of changes.
Cesium is released monthly. Each release contains:
The HTML reference documentation, located in the
Cesium.js and all required dependencies, located in the
Asynchronous Module Definition (AMD) modules,
HelloWorld.html, the simplest possible Cesium application, loaded in
Cesium Viewer, a simple reference application, at
Cesium Sandcastle, a live code editor and example gallery, at
- A Node.js-based development server for getting up and running quickly.
Quick start guide
Download Cesium and extract. Install Node.js, then navigate to the root directory and run the following command to install the dependencies:
$ npm install
Start the web server by executing the command:
$ node server.js
Finally, launch a browser and navigate to
http://localhost:8080/Apps/HelloWorld.html. You will see the Cesium Hello World app.
For the full tutorial on getting started with Cesium, see the Getting Started Tutorial.
Install with npm
You can also install Cesium with npm with the command:
$ npm install cesium
The Cesium npm module includes everything you need for app development.
- Source - A collection of modules that can be used with any AMD-aware loaders, such as requirejs, webpack, and browserify. This is our preferred development method and ideal for those who have embraced module-based web development.
- Build/Cesium - Combined and minified Cesium.js and associated files, suitable for deploying an application.
- Build/CesiumUnminified - Combined and unminified Cesium.js and associated files, along with extra error checking and validation, suitable for development.